Saturday, March 13, 2010

GENDA PHOOL





remember silly 6?
oh!sorry.......dilli 6??????
the idiotic and totally meaningless movie with a super pretty and awesome sonam kapoor starred opposite the fat,unshaved,daddy's boy abhishekh????

the movie sure was a big flop......but before throwing over 15 crore rupees(random figure) down the you know what and flushing it,rakeysh omprakash mehra(rang de basanti guy) took one right move.....
he took a combo of ar rehman and prasoon joshi for the songs.

the most popular song of the movie was "genda phool" without a doubt-those killer beats and awesome lyrics stole the show..........

though we all loved that song(except me) and must have heard it numerous times,i'd like to know how many if you understood(or even cared to)the lyrics by prasoon joshi.

so for all my dud friends and some others who don't know hindi(rebunzal),i am gonna post the meaning of the lyrics.........

first of all,why the genda phool?
genda phool =marigold,the one used in rangoli for diwali.
if you have ever noticed,its not just a single flower,its actually a compund flower-a lot of flowers livin together.prasoon reffers to sasural as a genda phool because it has various kind of people having different viewpoints and relations with the newly wed bride who is actually singing this song.

that was the crux of the song,if you wanna know more,just send me a message...........
i'm tooooooooooooooooooooooo lazy to type it out right now ;D

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know you liked Sonam Kapoor...
    You write well, though you get a bit stupid sometimes. I'd rate your blog as something like a 3-3.5/5. But I will follow it regularly.
    Why are your spelling, grammar and punctuation so off base?! For instance, it's hilarity, not hilariousness. I know you think it's cool to shorten and misspell words, like almost all of our batch (except me), but it just spells out wannabe to me. It's ok while chatting or texting, but when you're blogging, it's soo not acceptable. So please try to correct that, it drives me up the wall, and if you continue, I might not be able to continue visiting your blog. I realise I sound pretty condescending and arrogant right now, but it's not intentional. I guess this is just who I am.
    Anyways, this comment is getting too long. So to wrap up, nice blog. Will visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. u sound like some customer who's tring to threaten some newbie who's just started off his shop :p :p
    "give the frickin discount or i will never visit ur....err.......your shop again and will tell my friends to do the same" :p :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol...yeah, I guess that sounded pretty bad! I just read it again and I'm ashamed! :P!! Anyways, I'm not threatening you or anything!! Like I said, it wasn't intentional.
    I really like your metaphor! :D! And like I also said, I will keep visiting. Hope you post again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. and coming to think of it.............who the f doesnt like sonam kapoor???????

    ReplyDelete
  5. agree with mini, i know plenty of ppl who hate sonam kapoor, especially my mom and i dont understand why
    wow! i never looked at the genda phool that way! my silly interpretation was that genda is used for practically every festival in india, thus the reference to the flower!
    i appreciate the song more today. critics complain that rahman's music leaves little scope for good lyrics. prasoon joshi proves it wrong once again after RDB

    ReplyDelete