Thursday, April 22, 2010

MY LADY'S HAND TO KISS....



COMRADES,just like any other teenager(now even an adult :P UNLIKE YOU)
i have had girl-boy issues too....and yea i too plunged into the world of romantic music to.....uhh... I DON'T KNOW....THAT'S WHAT EVERYONE DOES WHEN THEY HAVE ISSUES......

One of my favourite bands during such times has been dire straits,just for one man-MARK KNOPFLER, legendary guitarist and singer.......his smooth voice somehow always manages to rescue my masculinity after being turned down time and again.......hehe...just kidding.....

so there's this awesome song called " A Summer Night Long Ago" from the album "Golden heart". i particularly love the lyrics in a very EMO GIRLY kinda way.....just made that up,but i guess u must have known one,so you can catch my drift here :)
i was just reading the lyrics of the original song,and knopfler being british,his lyrics are still slightly inspired from the works of jane austen and other pride and prejudice kinda stories-BASICALLY,IT TAKES TIME FOR ME TO GET A HANG OF THE SONG.......

i started jumbling up words and sentences to make sense.....i ultimately ended up changing the order of the lines,changing a few words to finally get something that made perfect sense to me!!!
and i decided to post it here,just to prove that guys can do mushy stuff too.....ITS NOT THAT WE ARE GENETICALLY DEVOID OF EMOTIONS,ITS JUST THAT WE ARE PRETTY MISERLY IN SHOWING THEM.ITS JUST SOMETHING WE HAVE PICKED FROM ONE GENERATION TO ANOTHER ;)

So here's what i did to the stuff stolen from the musical quiver of a great musician-

MY LADY’S HAND TO KISS

-stolen and modified beyond repair by spandan madan

My Lady may I know your name?

My lady may I have this dance?

You danced in this soldier’s arm,

And when you smiled you did me harm,

I felt the blade of love so keen,

And I was drawn to you,my queen

Now there is no knight I will not kill,

To have my lady’s hand to kiss,

That summer night long long ago,my love,

Is what I still miss…….



2 comments:

  1. wow....mushy..does this post have anything to do with our boys vs girls and emotion convo the other day??? or were you just trying to impress a certain someone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope.you think i am that shallow that i will try to impress someone with a stolen poem?????
    it isnt related to our wall fight/fight on my status update.i was just listening to the song and just totally messed up the lyrics.....just as the introduction to the poem reads :p

    ReplyDelete